A well-written and well-presented whitepaper can be a very powerful tool. Whitepapers provide information that help readers solve real problems. They should not be too technical,nor should they be a thinly-veiled marketing brochure. Often, by reading a whitepaper, the reader is sufficiently stimulated to seek further information or knowledge on a particular subject. This stimulus encourages additional engagement with the Association.
To maintain uniformity in the whitepapers published by RQA, we recommend that authors follow these simple principles:
1. Use Microsoft Word to draft the whitepaper.
2. Aim for between 2000 and 8000 words.
3. Do not use any formatting style- just flat text.
4. Use chapters,headings and subheadings, where needed.
5. Include essential diagrams only.
6. Include examples to explain the content,where necessary.
7. Include template forms to demonstrate the content, where necessary.
8. Use the following structure:
• Title page
• Contents page
9. Make it educational.