Become a member of RQA
There are two categories of membership that you can apply for as a new member, as described below in the Classes of Membership section.
What will it cost?
Applicants pay a one off administration fee. An annual subscription is payable and falls due on 1st January each year. Those applying to join the Association for the first time between 1st September and 31st December need pay the administration fee only for that year. They will be asked to pay an annual subscription the following 1st January.
Fees and subscriptions are exempt from VAT and are deductible against UK Income Tax.
Classes of Membership
Affiliate status is open to those who do not meet the specific academic or experience requirements for Member status, but should:
- Be involved in scientific research and development, or
- Show a constructive interest in quality assurance compatible with the objects of the Company.
Affiliates of the RQA are not granted the right to use letters behind their name.
Membership is open to those who, upon submission of an application can demonstrate:
- a minimum of five years experience in the field of quality and integrity in scientific research and development.
- a first degree, or equivalent academic qualification, and three years experience in the field of quality and integrity in scientific research and development.
Members of RQA may use the letters MRQA after their name.
Already a RQA member?
Upgrade your membership
If you wish to upgrade your membership from your current membership status, please contact the RQA office for guidance.
Senior Member status is open to those who reach 65 years of age and have been a member of the Association for a minimum of five years and wish to stay in touch with RQA contacts.
What will it cost me?
A reduced annual subscription is payable and falls due on 1st January each year.
The benefits of Senior Membership are broadly similar to the benefits of membership and include:
- Members Directory
- Website (Members area)
- Annual conference discounts
To minimise the cost of Senior Membership, Senior Members will not receive mailings related to professional development courses or recruitment opportunities. Senior Members will not be eligible to vote or stand for election to the Board but may still play an active part in the work of Committees and Working Parties.
Fellowship is open to those who have been a member of RQA continuously for a minimum of five years and have, in the Board's opinion, achieved distinction in their field. Such distinction will be marked by exceptional and significant contributions in areas such as (but not limited to):
- The activities of the Association
- The design, development and successful implementation of:
- quality standards;
- quality management systems;
- audit programmes;
- correction, corrective action and preventive action programmes
- The training and development of quality professionals
Fellows of the RQA may use the letters FRQA after their name.
Please contact the RQA Office for further information on becoming a Fellow, and for all other membership queries.
Have you previously been a member and would like to rejoin?
Please email email@example.com for further details.